My Quiet Little Corner

Friday, February 13, 2015

The Respect Dare

The Respect Dare: 40 Days to a Deeper Connection with God and Your Husband 
by Nina Roesner




If you want a practical book with hands on ideas for ways to strength your relationships then this is a good book for you. This book has 40 steps to choose to do in your relationship with your spouse and with God. The steps range from actions of love for your husband, conversations to have, to simple prayers to pray. I thought that the book had a lot of practical steps to take to work on my heart and my actions towards my husband in a way that focused on respect.
        A few things I was not excited about with in the book is that the author seemed to be advertising for her group and resources. I also felt that many of the stories she used were unrealistic, or overly "romanticizes." While the situations could have been real, the way the stories were told I didn't feel I could relate well to. Overall there were some activities I felt repeated themselves and didn't do much, but some that were very hands on and worked out great. I know my husband appreciated the conversations we had and the "Dares" I did with him. In the end when I reviewed what my challenges to myself had been, struggles I had with my husband, and considered how my heart and our relationship had grown, I realized that my attitude had changed for the better. So overall I thought the book was a worthwhile read, but not the most life changing for me, or a top-rated read. If I found it for $5 or less I would buy it.  It would be fun for a group of wives to go through and discuss changes in their lives and new ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment